Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WHY WAS IT SO HARD TO GET MY VOICE HEARD?

It was so hard to get my voice heard because certain schools would already have in their mind what they would like to do with the title one money they had been awarded….yes the “GOOD OLE’ BOY SYSTEM” is still out there….  I just wanted to COMMUNICATE to parents that they had another option and allow them to make the choice…my, my, my you would not believe how this was a challenging task!!  Their were times where even the counselors told me that we don’t offer tutoring here or that we have our own program with our own teachers…well my thought was this…if you have a child who is being tutored by the same teacher and in the same subject in which they have a failing grade, why wouldn’t you want them to have another option…??  Wouldn’t another option, even if it is NOT Golden Rule be beneficial for number one the child, number two the teacher’s performance, and number three the school as a whole in relation to the county standards..hmm…. I am just asking a question.. What do you think…?

No comments:

Post a Comment